Re: how to indicate symbols that metamorph?

David,

yet another excellent response, thanks again.
I agree that we differ in whether it is possible or perhaps even
desirable to include those issues outlined in SVG.

It's my belief that the decision taken to exclude ordinary people in
the original process has resulted in distortions to the specification.
but we perhaps already agree on this?

What would be enormously helpful, in my consideration, is if you
personally attempted to provide graphical renderings of your arguments
as reduced testcases.
then we have a real prospect of tackling issues such as
differentiating live from static icons.
and perhaps adding them to the test suite, a pity that examples like
this and externalResourcesRequired are not present, or are they?

you might like to read the 'chalk proposal' and then view a rather old
graphical representation:
http://www.peepo.co.uk/peepo2/authoringTool.html
It does feel as though it's time to update the peepo.com homepage to
demonstrate some of the smaller advances.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.openicon.org/