Re: UA: indicate missing content

Helder,

thanks once again, I'm content to file bugs with the UAs, however this
wasn't my intent.

Rather that the description given is not sufficient.
Graphics are a complex area, and describing what is missing and where,
will be hard if it is to be consistent across UA.
which users expect, perhaps demand...

as you indicate there appears to be no guidance on the author
providing 'alt' content, nor a method or technique.

a test case is here: http://www.openicon.org/feeds/exResReq.svg

What is the rationale for the default being false?
this must inherently be confusing for the user, as they will not be
aware of the issue.
and the author too who has not considered this matter, does not refer
to the specs or uses a tool that does not require or automate this
matter.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com