Re: "maybe even in the fact that you use words as all," (sic)

Philip,

you don't appear to have considered or responded to my final remark
which develops my intention:

 >> the failure of W3 working groups to engage with this community has
ensured the have become even more socially disadvantaged and ostracized.

I wasn't making specific proposal,
your assumptions  and suggested assertions are far from the mark.
There is a huge variety in approach and many varieties of individual
needs.

did you watch the video, or try the examples?
it seems not, as they use text with a variety of illustrations, some
iconic, others symbolic.

what is your experience of learning disabilities?
this term has been applied to a variety of needs.
the 20% of people in the UK are functionally illiterate, whom I
referred to, are unlikely to be at Royal Holloway.
learning difficulties such as dyslexia are a different community.

the fact is the relation between text and image is one that needs to
be actively developed.
treating them as separate entities when creating specifications, isn't
necessarily helpful.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com