Re: Whether to display inner or outermost <title>?

Jonathan,

If an SVG file is included in an HTML:image tag, shouldn't its @alt
attribute be used when the images are turned off?  Are you suggesting
that if @alt is not present (or blank?) that the top-level <desc>
element in the SVG should be used?

Also, what should be the behavior of "Remove Images" when SVGs are
included in HTML pages in the following cases:

- inline SVG (within XHTML)
- included via SVG <object> (browsers treat <object> differently than
<image>, for instance allowing script)
- included via SVG <embed>

Should the browser remove the SVG graphics when images have been
turned off in any of the above cases?

Thanks,
Jeff