Re: Howto compress svg, that will then validate?

I use the following line at my webserver configuration (file "mime.conf"
on Ubuntu). But it should also work in a Directory context of a
.htaccess file.

AddEncoding x-gzip .gz .tgz .svgz .svg.gz

With this setting it should work with all major browsers.

Andreas

Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>> The server has to send 'Content-encoding: gzip'
>
> Olaf,
>
> from a web server, but how are you sending Content-encoding: gzip?
>
> i have .htaccess:
> AddType image/svg+xml svg svgz
> AddEncoding gzip svgz
>
> regards
>

> my logo <http://www.iconomy.org>
>
> Jonathan Chetwynd
>
> j.chetwynd@btinternet.com <mailto:j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
> http://www.iconomy.org/
>
> +44 (0) 20 7978 1764
>

> On 17 Apr 2008, at 17:17, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
>>
>> Does the validator get this from a web server or is it a file upload?
>>
>> The server has to send 'Content-encoding: gzip'
>>
>> I checked that this works for example with 'gzip'ed PHP script SVG
>> output
>> - no problem with the validator.
>> And no problem with a static file too with .svgz on the server I use...

Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6
CH-8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)
Switzerland