Re: SVGt 1.2 Tests: coords-coord-02-t uses unit specifiers on purpose?

Hi Kalle,

This is an official response from the SVG Working Group.

Thank you for highlighting this problem in the SVG Tiny 1.2 Test Suite.

The SVG Working Group have investigated the tests coords-coord-02-t and
coords-coord-01-t and we have found that the test coords-coord-02-t is
not applicable to SVG Tiny 1.2. The test was originally imported from
SVG Full 1.1 and tests the unit specifiers 'px' for x, y, width, height
on graphical objects.

If we removed the unit specifier 'px' from coords-coord-02-t then it
would be a redundant test because coords-coord-01-t already covers the
case. As a result, coords-coord-02-t has been removed from the test
suite. This change will appear in the next release of the SVG Tiny 1.2
Test Suite.

Additionally, we have made a note to create a test case to test option
units specified on an 'svg' element.

Please let the Working Group know if you have any further comments or
feedback regarding this test case.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Grasso

Kalle Raita wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In the SVGt 1.2 tests the test coords-coord-02-t uses unit specifier
> 'px' for
> x, y, width, and height attributes of lines and rectangles. On the other
> hand,
> the specification says in the definition of <length>:
> "SVG Tiny 1.2 only supports optional units on the 'width' and 'height'
> attributes on the 'svg' element."
>
> This in itself is a reasonable negative test case, but the reference
> image is
> then incorrect. The reference image is namely indentical with the
> reference image
> of the test coords-coord-01-t, which has the identical setup, except
> that 01-t does
> not use unit definitions.
>
> Yours,
>   - Kalle
>

> Kalle Raita
> NVIDIA Corporation
> Tel. +358 40 723 1441
> kraita@nvidia.com
> http://eu.nvidia.com <http://eu.nvidia.com/>

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
> confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
> is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may
be confidential and may also be subject to legal professional privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with,
disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the
sender by return email and delete the information from your system.