Re: oops: Should animate update cursor & status bar?

Jonathan,

I can't see what the difference is between this email and your
previous email and the issue you just submitted to the Bug Tracker
(which Doug rejected).  Is there a difference?

As far as I know, this should work - it is reasonable to expect that
SVG user agents should display a pointer cursor and update their
status bar when hovered over a link (whether that link is animated or
not or the link, whether the mouse cursor is moved over top the link
or the link suddenly moves under the mouse cursor).  I couldn't find
anything in the SVG spec that mandates this (or even explicitly
recommends this), but I think it's outside of the SVG spec scope (and
more of a user agent thing).

Anyway, I tried out your example in Opera 9.5 and it doesn't work as
you say (leave your mouse still and let the circle move under the
mouse cursor - it does not update, but it will if you move the cursor
onto the circle).

Btw, it looks like your example clearly comes from my "carousel"
question on the svg-developers list
(http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/message/59312), so
I'm curious why you didn't first ask the question there...

Thanks,
Jeff