Re: Best way to get the the bbox of an element with respect to its transformations?

Hi, I hate to reply to my own question, but I did some more research, and I
found out that my use case (finding bounding boxes of groups in terms of
their screen coordinates) was actually something that had been requested,
and built into the 1.2 specification as SVGLocatable.getScreenBBox(). Also,
I have a sense of how you would script getScreenBBox if you wanted to stay
in SVG 1.1 world. Basically, to translate the user coordinate system to
screen coordinates, I think I'd have to parse the value of the transform
attribute, then apply each individual transform to the coordinates of the
group's user-space bbox. As I'm building my application in Javascript +
Mozilla native SVG rendering, I believe that I will need to write such a
script...
My question is, though, as a getScreenBBox function was such a common
request, it seems likely that a script would have already been implemented
and might be available somewhere under a public license. This would save me
the trouble of trying to role my own. If anyone is aware of such a script, I
would greatly appreciate it if you would let me know.
Much thanks.

Jake