Re: [Inkscape-user] Equivalent to Illustrator's Gradient Mesh?

On Fri, 18 May 2007 20:02:20 +0200, "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> maybe it would already help to collect some links and
> do a more detailed description, how this can be specified.
> Or what about a rough draft about this including needed
> elements and attributes/properties and what is useful to
> animate and some implementation notes to get an
> impression, how this could be specified in SVG?

I think the steps we need to take are probably something like:

 1. establish requirements

 2. identify existing uses of gradient meshes (e.g. PostScript Type 4, 5, 6 and 7 shading patterns)

 3. determine what features to take from existing work

 4. determine how those features fit in the SVG rendering model

 5. work out the appropriate schema bits for describing the needed features in SVG

-mental