Re: SVG1.1 TestSuite 2006-12-13 animate-elem-62-t wallclock test

Dr Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> The description of the first subtest has a minor problem too:
> "
> The first <set> has an unspecified end attribute. That value defaults to
> anoffset of 0s so the animation should apply as soon as the document is
> loaded.
> "
>If end is not explicitely given, the default is not 0s or something else.
> A default value for unspecified end may cause problems or another
> behaviouras specified in SMIL in more complicated situations.

The simple duration of the <set> element is 'indefinite' (based on its
'dur' attribute).
Since there are no constraints for the active duration (there is no 'end'
attribute) the active duration is the same as the simple duration.
That means that the animation begins at 0s, and has an indefinite end time.

I agree that the description in the testcase is incorrect, this will be
fixed in the next release of the 1.1 testsuite.

Thanks for your review
/Erik, on behalf of the SVG WG