Re: SVG1.1 TestSuite 2006-12-13 animate-elem-60-t wallclock test

Thank you for your investigation about the correct behavior according to
SMIL. We fixed the test and explanations in our CVS repository and will
soon release an updated version of the SVG 1.1 testsuit including this fix.

Best wishes,
Andreas

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:

>Hello,
>
>If I understand SMIL correct, test, description and PNG of
>the subtest for wallclock in animate-elem-60-t seems to be wrong.
>
>For this:
>"
><rect x="-6" y="-6" width="12" height="12" fill="#3F3">
>  <set attributeName="fill" to="#F33" begin="wallclock(2000-06-10T12:34:56Z)"
>dur="indefinite"/>
></rect>
>"
>it is explained:
>"
>The eight's <set> target has its begin attribute set to 'wallclock()'.
>Therefore, the target should never turn red because the target wallclock time
>is in the past.
>"
>
>I think, correct would be something like (and in the PNG the rectangle has to
>be red):
>"
>The eight's <set> target has its begin attribute set to 'wallclock()'.
>Therefore, the target should be always turned red because the target
>wallclock time is in the past and the dur is indefinite.
>"
>
>See SMIL; 3.2.1:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-20010904/#AnimFuncTiming
>
>Because wallclock values are converted into document time, a wallclock value
>in the past is the same as a negative offset for begin - the display at
>presentation time is as if the animation of the attribute had started at the
>given value in the past. The viewer has just to determine  the negative
>offset, and can replace the wallclock with something like this (exact value
>depending on the current time, but not important for this test case):
>
>begin="-57000h"
>begin="-205200000s"
>

>Happy testing...

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/