Re: SVG Linking Test Case Questions

On Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 7:52:53 PM, Jeff wrote:

JS> 1)
JS> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-linking-a-01-b.html

JS> I'm confused by the phrase "should replace the initial view of this
JS> test case in the viewer frame".  When clicking the arrow which of
JS> these alternatives is correct:

JS> a) Entire browser window gets replaced by linkingCircle-f.svg (test
JS> case with explanatory text not present)

JS> b) The contents of the HTML:object frame on the left gets replaced by
JS> linkingCirlce-f.svg (test case with explanatory text is visible).

b) is correct. This is why the png reference image shows what it looks
like when b) happens.

An issue with testing this sort of functionality is that the tests are
intended to be separate from the test harness. The tests can be run
standalone (eg, loading the svg files one by one into a viewer), or
using an svg harness, or using an html object harness, or an html
embed harness. other custom harnesses (eg a script based one, a
harness that shows an extra image for regression testing, whatever)
are possible.

This test could be made clearer, for the html object harness, at the
expense of making it specific to that harness. we tried to avoid that.
Can you suggest improved wording that would improve this case while
also allowing for harnesses where the svg  was tested standalone?

JS> 2) Also, both
JS> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-linking-a-02-b.html
JS> and
JS> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-linking-a-03-b.html
JS> still say "This is the first of a set of three tests...".  Should be
JS> "This is the second..." and "This is the third..." respectively.

Thanks, now fixed in cvs.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead