Re: Question about SVGXXXList.initialize()

Jeff Schiller wrote:

> In the spec http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/paths.html#InterfaceSVGPathSegList
> the insertItemBefore(), replaceItem(), and appendItem() methods all
> mention that any item inserted into the list must be removed from any
> previous list.  However, a similar statement is not present for the
> initialize() methods, which seems odd to me.
>
> Was this intentional or something missed in the SVG 1.1 spec?

It was missed, but has been added to the errata for 1.1, see:
http://www.w3.org/2003/01/REC-SVG11-20030114-errata#mention-live-values

> Also, in SVGT 1.2, unless I missed something, the SVGPath interface
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGPath) is less
> useful than SVGPathSegList (cannot insert, replace or remove segments
> from SVGPath).  Will the SVGF 1.2 be extending this interface ?

SVGPath is designed for building up a path, step by step, with support for
appending only, and no random access. This serves the purpose of being
simple and easy to implement for tiny user agents. For SVG 1.2 Full the
idea is to have both the SVGPath and the SVGPathSegList interfaces
available.

Cheers
/Erik, on behalf of the SVG WG (ACTION-1514)