From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Alexander Adam
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 4:17 PM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Issues with uDOM IDL and multiple inheritance

Hello,

During the implementation of the Renesis SVG Player (www.emiasys.net) we've
discovered that the uDOM is making heavy use of multiple interface
inheritance. This is just fine for Java but for other languages and
implementations this is not possible. As an example, we're hooking into the
IE ActiveScript Engine for the new release to provide a HTML<>SVG
communication level and we cannot implement the uDOM IDL as it is proposed
due violating the Windows COM Rules (inherit from one interface only) so
this is giving us quite a hard time.

You might give some thoughts on this,
Regards

Alexander Adam