Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGSVGElement::createSVGMatrixComponents

On May 10, 2006, at 18:15, T Rowley wrote:
> On 5/9/06 5:35 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> In this case it's a choice between one incompatibility and
>> another. This specific API is what is supported by JSR-226, and
>> the SVG WG is committed to being compatible with that. Ideally,
>> JSR-226 would have been more compatible with Full 1.1, but
>> unfortunately while that was largely made to happen, in some cases
>> it wasn't possible. JSR-226 is a stable specification, and phones
>> are already shipping with it. We therefore decline to make the
>> change.
>
> I find it highly disappointing that the SVG WG places a higher
> priority getting compatibility with JSR-226 than an earlier SVG
> specification.

That is your reading, and it does not reflect reality. The
coordination with JCP was long and difficult, and making such claims
places unnecessary emphasis on a small thing that failed while
forgetting about the vast majority of issues which were addressed.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist