RE: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-183: Rules for handling "unsupported" values don't work when properties are syntactically correct and specified using W3C mechanisms other than SVG attributes

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Scott Hayman wrote:

> > Please correct the specification so that unsupported values of <paint>
> > have implementable handling, e.g. requiring that unsupported values be
> > treated as 'black'.
>
> Unfortunately, we cannot correct the specification in this fashion as it
> would contradict the CSS spec on unsupported values [1].
>
> We have, however, made some changes to the spec to use similar wording
> as the CSS spec - i.e., that unsupported values are ignored.
>
> Please let us know, within 2 weeks, if this does not address your
> concern.

I have already let you know that this doesn't address my concerns:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Apr/0180