Re: SVG12: transform on <defs>

*Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>* Ola Andersson wrote:
>>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/struct.html allows
>>>use of the transform element on the defs element. It is not clear when
>>>this would have an effect; Google finds one SVG document that uses this,
>>>it's an illustration of the CSS box model... Please either remove this
>>>attribute or change the draft such that it is clear which kind of ob-
>>>servable behavior specifying the attribute could cause. Note that re-
>>>moving it will require changes to other sections of the draft.
>
>>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Jul/0024.html
>>The working group resolved to remove transform attribute from <defs>.
>>This will be reflected in the next version of the specification. In
>>your email you had said :
>>
>>>Note that removing it will require changes to other sections of
>>>the draft.
>>
>>Could you please point out the relevant sections so that we can make
>>appropriate changes?
>
>I noted this offlist already, but one such section is 16.2.13 which is
>now essentially incorrect; I raised this in another comment requesting
>that http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Jul/0029 the draft
>defines the animateMotion elements through the transform attribute
>>rather than explicitly listing the elements.

the list in 16.2.13 which included <defs> as a valid target element for <animateMotion> has been removed. Please let us know within two weeks if this does not address your concern.

Take care,
Andrew
On behalf of the SVG Working Group

Andrew Emmons
Software Architect
SVGT Player
Open Text Corporation, BitFlash Division
515 Legget Drive, Suite 300
Ottawa ON K2K 3G4

Tel: 613.599.9335 ext.3248
Fax: 613.599.9177