Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Support for transformations is optional?

Ian,
This is the official response from the SVG WG to your Last Call comment
at the following URL:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Dec/0257.html

We agree that some of the language in the sections of the coordinates
system chapter that you list below could be improved and have made some
minor editorial changes, some of which are described in SVG WG responses
to other emails from you. However, we do not agree that we need to make
all of the changes you suggest in the email below. For example, you
imply that the specification is unclear that UAs must implement
transforms because you could not find the word "must" within the
sections on tranforms; however, we believe that it is self-evident to
implementers that their implementations must supports SVG's transform
features in order to be compliant even if the word "must" does not
appear in those sections. In fact, we are not aware of implementations
that have failed to support transformations due to the lack of the word
"must" within those sections of the specification.

Other email from you criticizes loose wording in the sections of viewBox
and preserveAspectRatio. We have made minor editorial fixes to those
sections. These are described in other email you should receive shortly.

Thank you very much for your thorough review and excellent feedback.
Please tell us within two weeks if you are not satisfied with this
response.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG WG