Re: [SVGMobile12] Issue SVGT12-175 not resolved

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005May/0039.html I requested
>that the definition of an "SVG document fragment" be clarified, specifically as
>regards mixed-namespace contexts.  The text in section 5.1.1 [1] does not
>clarify this.  A simple case that is ambiguous per the current text:
>
><svg:svg>
>     <svg:rect/>
></svg:svg>
>
>I assume the "SVG document fragment" in this cases contains a single node, but
>that's not clear from the text, either in section 5.1.1 or in section 1.6 [2].
>
>Also, in the same mail I requested a clarification for what happens with regard
>to the "SVG document fragment" when an <svg:svg> has another <svg:svg> as a
>descendant.  This does not seem to have been clarified.

We have added the following clarification to the SVG document fragment definition:

In SVG Tiny 1.2  each SVG document fragment must not contain nested <a
href="struct.html#SVGElement"><span
class="element-name">'svg'</span></a> elements - nested 'svg' elements
are <a href="implnote.html#UnsupportedProps">unsupported elements</a>.

So - yes, the SVG document fragment in the above case contains a single
node, and svg descendant nodes are unsupported, and thus ignored.

Thank you for your excellent and thorough review.  Please let us know
shortly if  this does not address your concerns.

Andrew.