Re: SVG12: SVGGlobal::document vs AbstractView

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>For ECMAScript, the entries on Global/SVGGlobal interface are supposed
>to be attached to the rootmost object within the ECMAScript scripting
>context, which means the Window object. Your proposed (a) would result
>in a 'document' attribute on the Window object which is of type
>"DocumentView" instead of type "Document".

Since "The DocumentView interface is implemented by Document objects in
DOM implementations supporting DOM Views" I don't think this would be a
problem. The object would have all the methods and attributes from all
the interfaces implemented on the Document, SVGDocument, DocumentEvent,
DocumentTraversal, ... for the ECMAScript binding it does not make much
of a difference what the spec says here. It does make a difference for
IDL conformance, strongly typed languages, component models, ... For
those we would need to either do what I propose or drop what I propose
entirely, as far as I can tell.