Re: [SVGMobile12] SVG Mobile 1.2 redefines semantics of XML Events attributes

 > On Mon, 8 May 2006, Robin Berjon wrote:
 > >
 > > On Jan 28, 2006, at 07:04, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
 > > > Requirements like:
 > > >
 > > >   4.  XML Events attributes shall only apply to the listener and
 > > >       handler elements.
 > > >
 > > > seem to me to redefine the semantics of attributes that are in
the XML
 > > > Events namespace to be incompatible with XML Events.  This
seems rather odd
 > > > to me, and precludes implementation of XML Events and SVG
Mobile 1.2 in the
 > > > same UA.
 > >
 > > This restriction has been removed such that SVG implementations
are only
 > > required to support XML Events attributes on those elements, but
that
 > > they may be supported on other elements as well.
 >
 > This is unacceptable to me, for what it's worth; you should not be
making
 > SVG implementations be allowed to be non-compliant XML Events
 > implementations. Either you require implementations to implement XML
 > Events, or you don't, you don't require them to do a half-assed
job and
 > "allow" them to do it right.
 >
 > What you propose here is what SVG did with XLink, and that
resulted in
 > basically completely ruining XLink in any UA that might in some way
 > implement SVG (a mess that the Mozilla guys, for one, are spending
months
 > and months trying to get themselves out of).
 >
 > Please do not do this to XML Events -- either require it, or
don't. Don't
 > profile other people's specs.

The SVG 1.2 Tiny specification no longer restricts the use of XML
events, nor
does it allow implementations to only support XML events on a
particular subset
of elements. I think this satisfies your comments.

Dean