Re: [SVGMobile12] more on data types

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 05:02:25 +0200, Doug Schepers
<doug.schepers@vectoreal.com> wrote:
>> So anyway. The reason this was raised is existing
>> implementations and
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/types.html#DataTypeColor
>> seems to support what existing implementations do.
>
> [...]
>
> As I said, even though we decided against making your larger change, the
> idea is certainly valid, and we do appreciate your bringing it up.
>
> Please let us know promptly if this does not satisfy your concern.

It does not satisfy my concern as it breaks with a previous W3C
Recommendation for which no errata to this effect has been published. It
also does not satisfy my concern as there are existing implementations of
that W3C Recommendation as I pointed out.

Just dismissing those two facts for no good reason doesn't seem to be the
way to go.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>