Re: SVG12: event base for audio/video/animation elements

* Doug Schepers wrote:
>From our reading of the SMIL Timing Events specification, the default
>event-base for geometrically-rendered elements is the element itself, and
>for non-graphical elements, such as audio, it is the SVG root itself, as a
>consequence of event bubbling.

I am not aware of a "SMIL Timing Events" specification, and from the
name it seems rather irrelevant as this has nothing to do with SMIL-
defined event types. In any case,

>We have contacted the SYMM WG to confirm that this is the case.  If they
>indicate otherwise, we will make this explicit in our specification.

that is certainly not acceptable, as even if what you say is true,
which is very unlikely (SMIL doesn't know about "SVG root", SMIL
never specifies the event base as the document element, this has
nothing to do with event bubbling, ...), as my concern is that it
is not clear from the draft or its normative references (you are
not able to point out where SMIL specifies this, you have to ask
the SYMM WG; that might work for you, but does not work for me).