Re: [SVGMobile12][SVGT12-415]: Incorrect computed value for 'fill', 'stroke'

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> the WG discussed this issue again tonight and we think that
> normalizing/converting color values to rgb or hex values is a commonly
> and easily understood area. It did not raise any problems for the
> implementors.

This isn't the issue I raised.

Property computation has _nothing_ to do with the lexical space. It
doesn't make the slightest difference if the computed value is an RGB
colour or a hex colour or has three digits or six; a computed value is a
value without a canonical representation.

The computed value for 'fill' and 'stroke' should be an RGB triplet if the
specified value was a color or the 'currentColor' keyword, an absolute IRI
if the specified value was an IRI, or 'none' if the specified value was
'none'. You may wish to also say something about 'inherit' if you are
ignoring the CSS model (which makes 'inherit' a globally defined part of
the syntax instead of a per-property value).

While the computed value line mentions normalisation, my issue is not
satisfied.