From: Bjoern Hoehrmann [mailto:derhoermi@gmx.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:01 PM
To: Jon Ferraiolo
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: event "alias"es

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>--------------
>The event aliases described in this section allow the use of an
>alternate event type when registering an event listener. For example, it
>is possible to register an event listener for the resize event (i.e.,
>{"http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events", "resize"}) using the alias
>{"http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events", "SVGResize"}.
>--------------

I do not understand this text. Is this trying to modify the normative
definition of the addEventListener methods in DOM Level 3 Events such
that

  addEventListenerNS(ev, 'SVGResize'); // and
  addEventListenerNS(ev, 'resize');

are equivalent? If, is this so for all DOM Level 3 Events implemen-
tations or just for implementations that also support SVG Tiny 1.2 or
of the methods are called from some SVG context or...? Is this just a
matter of the API or does this affect SMIL Animation, XML Events, etc.
in the same way, even though these features are not defined in terms
of addEventListener? I don't think the text is acceptable as it stands.