Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: No conformance criteria for how to parse attribute values

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Chris Lilley wrote:

> > My testing has shown that even desktop UAs tend to not bother to
> > implement such syntax checking, instead recovering from syntax errors
> > in proprietary ways. (For example, transform="translate(20, 0" causes
> > a translation transform in all the UAs I have so far tested.)
>
> Thanks, that is useful testing. Could you give a pointer to the test and
> a list of all the UAs you tested? Did you log bug reports on them?

No (it was ad-hoc testing a while back) and probably not, since the last
few times I filed bugs on browser makers saying that they didn't follow
SVG's error handling rules, the response I got was "we don't care, the
error handling rules in SVG are stupid".

Presumably, though, the SVG working group has conducted much more detailed
research on this matter.