Re: SVG12: animateMotion vs transform=""

Bjoern wrote:
>* Robin Berjon wrote:
>>The absence of the 'transform' attribute on 'animation' was an
>>oversight in the schema which has been corrected, and 'textPath' has
>>been added to the list of supported elements. Note however that
>>supporting the 'transform' attribute and being a target for
>>'animateMotion' are orthogonal features.
>
>I'm not sure where you got the textPath from, perhaps you mean textArea
>which I wrote about? It is not clear to me how these are orthogonal, it
>seems that now all elements that support transform="" can also be target
>of animateTransform which is defined in terms of transformations, please
>change the draft such that it is clear how these properties interact
>with each other. If it turns out that these properties are not actually
>orthogonal, I don't think having such lists is a good idea, it's clear
>from the previous draft that the Working Group introduces errors in such
>lists.

OK, we've removed the list from the animateMotion element, and replaced
it with:

Any element that can take a transform attribute may have animateMotion
applied to it. See the <a href="attributeTable.html#attribute_transform">
transform attribute</a> for a list of these elements.

We've added the same text (except s/animateMotion/animateTransform/) to
animateTransform, too.

Thank you kindly for your thorough review, please let us know if this
does not address your concerns.

Andrew.