Re: SVG12: glyph language matching vs xml:lang

* Nandini Ramani wrote:
>For the non-XML formats, there are a vast number of them and we do not
>intend to cover them all. However, if you have some suggested text,
>please send it to us.

It should refer to the language code of the language of the text, which
is to be matched in accord with one of the matching algorithms in one of
the RFC 3066 successors instead of "the" xml:lang attribute. The I18N
Core Working Group can propose better text than I.

>Quoting from the XHTML spec:
>"Use both the lang and xml:lang attributes when specifying the language
>of an element. The value of the xml:lang attribute takes precedence."
>
>So, looking at xml:lang would be correct.

If there are both. Using both is not required, it is documented as
sort-of a good idea when and if compatibility with HTML browsers is
desired.