RE: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: <title> does not define what the title is

And keep in mind we are talking about the SVG *Tiny* specification which
is targeting constrained devices. Virtually no one is going to use
anything except plain text for titles. In fact, we should all be
ecstatic if content developers use titles at all.

The plain text case is the one that we should make sure works. One
approach is to say that it is OK for Tiny user agents to just extract
the strings from the text nodes and concatenate them together. If you
put markup within <title>, the author cannot be sure what will happen,
so don't do that if you want it to work interoperably across Tiny UAs.
We can consider more advanced features for <title> in subsequent
versions or more powerful profiles (e.g., Full).

Another option is to ignore all child elements of <title> when rendering
the title. This is consistent with how SVG handles unknown elements for
the main part of the language - unknown elements are not rendered. With
this approach, for <title><html:p>blah</html:p></title>, nothing would
be rendered. I actually prefer this approach. This allows an upgrade
path where a future version of Tiny (or more powerful profile) could
allow <svg:switch> and <svg:foreignObject> within <title> or similar
mechanism, so that you could do something like this:

<title>
  <switch>
    <foreignObject requiredExtensions="...">
    </foreignObject>
    <some-new-tag>backup plain text</some-new-tag>
  </switch>
</title>

Jon