Re: [SVGMobile12] Question on SVG implementation in an XLink-aware processor

On Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 7:29:28 PM, Boris wrote:

BZ> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> I suppose that's the case, but it seems the only reasonable thing to do
>> for SVG...

BZ> Except I'd really like to be able to implement XLink for all XML (as designed)
BZ> without having to special-case SVG in generic XML code.

If you implement just XLink, then you do what XLink says (for the linking layer) and do what some other spec says, presumably, for allthe other layers like formatting and interaction and so on.

If you implement just SVG, then you only know abou the links that SVG uses.

If you implement both, then at the intersection of the two specs you do what the integration of XLink in SVG does, for elements in the SVG namespace.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG