Re: [SVGMobile12] event aliasing

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>For example, in your email, you only talk about load/SVGLoad, but do not
>address DOMFocusIn, DOMFocusOut, DOMActivate, SVGResize or SVGScroll,
>and thus according to my arithmetic, you only address 1/7 of the problem
>set.

I think I made it clear that I mean all SVG* event types that have
a counterpart in DOM Level 3 Events, so that includes SVGResize,
SVGScroll, SVGUnload, SVGAbort, and so on.

>These various decisions about event names and SVG's syntax relative to
>these events went to recommendation in the years 2000 (for DOM2 Events)
>and 2001 (for SVG 1.0) and we just have to live with them.

Do you know of actual implementations that behave in the way the SVG
1.1 Recommendation describes and content that relies on it? SVG 1.1
is very confused on how things are supposed to work, it says, for
example, that the name of the event that occurs when timed elements
repeat is "none", "repeat", and "repeatEvent". It is not clear to me
which name to use when, and how this interacts with synthesized event
types. With my proposal all such things would be well-defined and easy
to understand, specify and implement.