Re: Switch and Feature Strings

Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 8:31:10 AM, Doug wrote:
> DS> So, is it not possible to test for features at the level of the element,
> DS> rather than at the level of the module?
>
> Right. I should have checked to see whether
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/feature#textPath was a real feature string.
> It isn't.

Digging further, the problem with trying to produce the level of
granularity that Doug is looking is knowing where to stop. Every element
and every attribute and property is going to make for a large list
already, and combinations thereof (which may be meaningful, eg stroked
text, or even just stroked text on bitmap fonts) even more. The current
limit set at modules plus specific features that we know may  cause
trouble in some situations (eg transformed or composited video on mobile
devices) is imho the most reasonable, but maybe other people here will
have better suggestions.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist