Re: SVG Mobile or SVG Tiny

On Thursday, September 22, 2005, 6:43:18 AM, Doug wrote:

DS> Hi, WG-

DS> This may be nitpicky, but I've noticed that some resources (such as the
DS> links to the page) call the Working Draft "SVG Mobile," but the title of the
DS> page is SVG Tiny 1.2, and Tiny is used other places as well. I think this is
DS> confusing.

DS> Since there is no longer an SVG Basic, IIRC, I think you should call this
DS> SVG Mobile and change all references of Tiny.

As you say, there is no longer an SVG Basic. Also we find that people in
the Mobile industry were familiar with the term Tiny and did not use the
term Mobile. Lastly, Tiny became the core profile of SVG 1.2 and thus,
we think its better to deal with the confusion of naming by using the
term Tiny consistently and phasing out the term Mobile.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG