Re: [SVG] assigning to currentScale

Jim Ley wrote:
> "Jonathan Watt" <jonathan.watt@strath.ac.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Jim Ley wrote:
>>
>>>"Jonathan Watt" <jonathan.watt@strath.ac.uk> wrote in message I don't see
>>>what is actually broken in the spec, the spec doesn't place a limit,
>>>placing a limit is something you're going to have to do for
>>>implementation reasons, but that's not an actual spec problem, simply one
>>>in your implementation.
>>
>>This assumes that option 2 is unacceptable.
>

> It is, it violates the specification, setting currentTranslate.x does not
> throw an error, this change cannot be introduced by an errata, as it's not
> an error in the specification.

I don't see how it violates the specification. I haven't seen anything
to say that implementations "must not throw errors except as described
in this and other applicable recommendations".

>>Silently clamping is my prefered option too. I'm asking the WG to formally
>>clarify that it is also their prefered option though.
>

> There's no sensible way they can have option 2, so I don't think it matters
> much, and I certainly don't see the point of an errata introducing advisory
> text, there's no error in the spec in the case of option 1, and advisory
> text belongs in tutorials etc.

Information like this frequently doesn't make it into tutorials.
Including it in future recs and errata raises the chances of that
happening I would hope.