RE: SVG12: trait access vs "an error"

Hi Bjoern,

> From: Bjoern Hoehrmann

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/svgudom.html
>  states that "each element has a well-defined set of traits
> and attempting to access an undefined trait is an error",
> this is inconsistent with the section on error processing as
> error processing is suspended during script executing, so
> this can't really be "an error" as defined in the draft.
> Please change the draft to have more consistent requirements.

I think that you might have mixed up the cases when a document is in
error, as described in the error processing section [1], with when an
error is encountered during an API call, as described in the section
covering trait access [2].  An API may raise an exception when a method
is called regardless of the state of error processing on the document.
The spec is consistent as these two things are independent.

Regards,
Scott Hayman
On behalf of the SVG Working Group
--