Re: [SVGMobile12] Editable text with child elements

On Saturday, April 16, 2005, 8:09:02 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> Though Appendix O says

CM>   'editable' is now allowed on text elements with children, but the
CM>   children are flattened when editing occurs

CM> I can't see a reference to that flattening anywhere in section 10.12.

Yes. We thought it was "obviously" the flattening that DOM does, and now
say so explicitly. Here is the current text:

element has child elements, the contents of the edited element must
first be <em>flattened</em>. Flattening must have the same effect as the
following procedure: extract the text content of the edited element and
it's children, as defined in the <a
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#Node3-textContent">textContent
attribute</a> of DOM Level 3 Core [<a
href="refs.html#ref-DOM3">DOM3</a>], and assign it to the edited
element's textContent attribute. </p>

<pre class="example">myTextEl.textContent = myTextEl.textContent;</pre>
<pre class="example">myTextEl.setTextContent(myTextEl.getTextContent());</pre>

Please let us know if that does not satisfy your comment.

CM> Also, the sections in appendix O aren't titled properly (for example
CM> there is "O General Changes" instead of "O.1 General Changes").

Yes, there was a bug which prevented the numbering script working on that
appendix; this is now fixed.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG