Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Basic Data Types and Color Keywords

Chris Lilley wrote:
> The intent is that CSS units MUST be supported for width and height on
> <svg> and MUST NOT be supported elsewhere.

This seems to me to place an undue burden on implementations that DO have
support for CSS -- instead of using the same code for both sets of attributes,
they are now forced to write separate code to handle the two.

Also, since CSS-less implementations still have to handle units for width/height
on <svg>, I don't see how their life becomes any easier...  In fact, they have
to have two separate codepaths instead of just one, which seems unfortunate to
me if they're trying to minimize codesize.

In short, from my point of view as an implementor I see no benefits to this
approach and lots of drawbacks.

What am I missing?

-Boris