Re: [SVGMobile12] out-of-range values

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Ian Hickson wrote:
> There are three conformance criteria in section C.5 in the last SVG Tiny
> 1.2 draft. The first one is a "MUST"-level requirement (the RFC2119-term
> capitalisation is mine; the part I cut out is just explanatory and thus
> not relevant here):
>
>  * When out-of-range values are provided, the user agent SHALL defer any
>    error checking until after presentation time, [...].
>
> This requirement is phrased in such a way as to apply to any value
> (regardless of the title of the section).

We have changed this to:

When out-of-range color or opacity values are provided, the user
agent should defer any error checking until after presentation time, [...]

Note that it is now a "should", instead of a "shall".

> The next two are "SHOULD"-level requirements (non-normative examples and
> commentary removed for clarity):
>
>  * It is recommended that user agents clamp color values to the nearest
>    color value [...] which the system can process as late as possible [...].

We have changed this to:

User agents should clamp color values to the nearest color value [...]
which the system should process as late as possible [...].

>  * Opacity values out-of-range [...] and should be clamped to the range 0
>    to 1 at the time which opacity values have to be processed [...].

This one already has a "should".

We hope that this resolves your issues.  Obviously, you will have an
opportunity to review this section in the upcoming Last Call period.

Andrew.