Re: [SVGMobile12] "6.7 Property inheritance"

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:

> IH> * Each property should define its own computed value, in the style of the
> IH> "Computed Value:" line found in CSS specifications.
>
> We agree, have reviewed all the property definitions, and ensured that
> they all define their computed values.
>
> Please let us know shortly if this comment does not satisfy the comments
> you made above.

I would like to review what the actual computed value lines you used were,
in the context of the spec as it has been edited. It would satisfy my
comments if you publish another (LC)WD draft.

> IH> * The links are to an obsolete version of CSS2; CSS2 has sinced been
> IH> revised. CSS2 revision 1 has many old errors corrected. CSS2.1 is at the
> IH> same stage as CSS2.0 in the REC track -- namely, the stage after last call
> IH> (note that CSS2.0 never exit the then-equivalent of CR since it was
> IH> published before the formal CR process was established).
>
> We are unable to believe that a Working Draft is the same level of
> maturity as a W3C Recommendation.

CSS2 is a spec that never exit CR, and has hundreds of outstanding
comments, including serious errata. Treating it as "mature" is probably
not the best way of looking at it. But if you want your spec to depend on
that instead of the revision of that spec that's had all the errors fixed,
I guess that's your choice...