Re: [sXBL] Various issues in the sXBL draft -- section 3

Ian Hickson wrote:
>>If an <xbl:definition> element is in error, what does that mean,
>>exactly?  Is the SVG document that imported the binding document in
>>question just rendered as if that <xbl:import> element did not exist?
>>Or something else?  Is the <xbl:definition> in error if the ref URI
>>points to a fragment identifier that does not match the ID of an
>><xbl:definition> element?
>
> Apparently SVG covers this already, and sXBL will defer to SVG for error
> processing rules.

I'd appreciate pointers to said rules in sXBL as applicable.

>>What does it mean that the prebind event is fired "during its
>>construction"? Looking at the specific rules, it seems that "after its
>>construction" is more appropriate.
>
> This has been changed to "before its attachment" or some such.

The shadow tree's attachment?  That concept is not defined in this
specification...  Perhaps simply say that the prebind event fires as described
in section 4.1?

>>What should happen if a binding is detached while it's in the middle of
>>the attachment process (for example, say the prebind event handling
>>removes some <xbl:import> nodes from the document)?  Or the prebind or
>>bound events on its descendants cause the binding to be detached before
>>its bound event would have fired?
>
> What would you like to have happen?

I'm not sure; I haven't put much thought into implementing this yet...

>>3.5.
>>
>>The TemplateElement interface is neither defined not linked to in this
>>section.
>
> Typo; fixed to XBLTemplateElement.

And added the link to where it's defined?

-Boris