Re: Using only a local name for svg:handler

Hi Jon,

Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
> I'm not sure exactly what you mean relative to namespace defaulting. I
> have been assuming that the default namespace for events would be the
> XML Events namespace in order to have backwards-compatibility with what
> existed before events were namespaced. For example, ev:event="click"
> would be equivalent to ev:event="xevents:click", where 'xevents:' was
> defined to "http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events". Do you agree?

I agree it would be nice, even if it's yet another rule to process
QNames-in-content (but then XSLT and XML Schema have different ones so
it doesn't matter). I couldn't find that specified anywhere, unless
that's what the deeply pythic "SVG 1.2 follows the rules defined in DOM
Level 3 (namespaces are specified as 'namespace-prefix:event-name')" is
trying to say.

This needs be added as another Tiny LC issue.

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist