Re: "click" discrepancy in DOM L3 and SVG 1.2

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:55:33 -0800, you wrote:

>Thanks for noticing this. My opinion is that the SVG 1.2 specs (Tiny and
>Full) should adopt the DOM L3 wording either by reference or copy/paste.

Just a note that in Microsoft Windows, the normal sequence of events is
[down], [click], [up], rather than [down], [up], [click]. If the mouse
is moved between the [down] and the [up] in such a way that the mouse is
no longer over the target window in which the [down] occurred, two
things happen: (1) you get one or more [move] events, and (2) the
[click] does not occur. Thus, the full range of possibilities is:

 [down] [click] [up]
 [down] [move]+ [click] [up]
 [down] [move]+ [up]

I've also noticed that windows normally receive an additional [move]
event after the [up], but I don't know if this happens in all cases.

The events are always associated with whichever window recorded the
original [down], even if the mouse has since moved outside of that
window.

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp
http://www.fenestra.com/