Re: getElementById method on SVGSVGElement

Robin Berjon wrote:

> Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>
>>     This is a feature that has been in a specification and
>> implemented by viewers for over 4 years.  I think deprecation
>> needs to be reserved for features that introduce real
>> technical issues, not things that someone finds to be a
>> minor nuisance to implement.
>
> If it were just this method I would agree (or I wouldn't mind) but the
> whole SVG DOM could imho do with some heavy-duty surgery.

    Then do it in a version of the spec that doesn't try to be
"upward compatible".  BTW when I looked at the implementation in
Batik I noticed a feature of this method, it allows for
searching of disconnected subtrees (which could have duplicate
id's, since they aren't in the document).