Re: [office] [Fwd: clarification: OpenDocument and SVG]

Michael Brauer wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Jon Phillips wrote:
>
>>mental@rydia.net wrote:

>>>Yes -- I do want to emphasise that I'm not attached to the SVG WG, but wrote the
>>>message as SVG implementor from whom OpenDocument support is being requested.
>>>
>>>I would also like to emphasise that I don't think there was any intentional
>>>attempt to pollute the SVG namespace.  My sense of urgency came from learning
>>>that OpenDocument had already been put before the EU TAC.
>>>
>>>Bjoern has done a much better job of articulating my specific technical
>>>critique.
>>

>>I am in line with what mental is saying and appreciate both him and Bjoern for
>>being more articulate in the matter than myself. Michael, hopefully if we keep
>>communication channels open we might resolve this situation so that it is
>>beneficial to both the OpenDocument and SVG specs.
>

> I believe that we will be able to resolve this issue in a way that is
> beneficial to both the OpenDocument and SVG specs and agree that we
> should keep the communication channels open. Who in the SVG group could
> be the primary contact for the OpenDocument TC? Is it you?
>
> I'd also like to thank Mental for bringing this topic to the attention
> of our two working groups.
>

>>Sincerely,
>>Jon

Hi Michael, as Chris pointed out, I am not on the SVG WG. I am a developer on
Inkscape (www.inkscape.org) and Open Clip Art Library (www.openclipart.org) and
rely on SVG's standardization and success. Chris is your contact. Mental and I
just brought this up for you both to sort out...at this point I guess we can
leave the stage for you guys to sort these issues out. Thanks!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

USA PH 510.499.0894