Re: getElementById method on SVGSVGElement

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> At this point, from my point of view as an implementor, it just seems
> like an extra burden to implement this, with little basis for it
> existing.  I can't even forward the call to Document.getElementById,
> since the two methods have different semantics....  The net effect is
> likely to be that Document.getElementById will be significantly faster
> in Mozilla than Element.getElementById (since for the former it makes a
> lot more sense to keep a global id-to-node hashtable).

    You _can_ forward the call you just need to check if the returned
element is a child of the element it was called on (a simple walk
of the parent tree, which for most tree's isn't much).

> Would it make sense to deprecate this method in future SVG versions?

    Given that the implementation is really not that hard I would
argue against it.