Re: Comments to SVG 1.2 spec

Hello Angelo,

On 22 sept. 04, at 16:29, Angelo Borsotti wrote:

> My suggestion is thus not to restrict SVG to support XFORMS, but to
> provide instead a means to communicate events and receive
> notifications from the net.

I am glad you think so too. The SVG Working Group, rightfully or
abusively depending on who you talk to, took it upon itself to propose
some event-driven network APIs [0]. The version of these APIs that you
will find has already been discussed on this forum and the SVG WG has
already made changes to them. The next SVG 1.2 draft will feature the
update of these APIs. As it was expressed before on this forum too,
these APIs may be moved to another specification in order to share the
functionality with other efforts.

Another effort that you should carefully examine is sXBL, now in its
first public working draft [1]. In my opinion, sXBL is the beginning of
a solution for bringing XML vocabularies together interactively on the
client side.

Antoine

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20040510/#network-data
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-sXBL-20040901/