Re: SVG Rolex watch: does anyone know who created this excellent timepiece?

Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

 > SVG Rolex watch: does anyone know who created this excellent timepiece?
 >
 > I found it on the web years ago, maybe three-5 years ago, and saved a
 > slight variation here: http://www.peepo.co.uk/res/rolex.svg

Wow, this is nice!

 > I would like to use a radically different version of the same code:
 > http://www.peepo.co.uk/res/watch.svg, but would like to know what the
 > copyright situation is....

Different... Nice also, just a bit less impressive ;-)

I can't answer your question, but I believe most of the SVG
watches/clocks available (including one I wrote that I will put on my
site, once I made SVG related pages...) are based on Adobe's code.
http://www.adobe.com/svg/demos/clock.html

For my file, I credited Adobe and included the original copyright notice.
Now, not everybody is doing that.
Perhaps some people reinvented the clock code without knowing Adobe's
one... After all, there are not so many ways of getting the current time
from the system, and of using declarative animation to make it move...

 > peepo.co.uk only uses public domain works..

Well, that's a problem similar to software patents...
If you use some JavaScript code similar to Adobe's one, and it is hard
to make it different, can you put your work in public domain or is it
irremediably marked by Adobe seal?

Other clocks/watches:

Analog:
http://svg.tutorial.aptico.de/showroom/uhr_analog.svg -- Very nice
http://oskamp.dyndns.org/SiemensClock/SVG/ -- Realistic effects
http://www2.tmn.it/xml/BASE.SVG -- With other widgets
http://www.yettieplanet.com/clock/clock.svg

Digital (easier!):
http://svglbc.datenverdrahten.de/?code=digitaluhr&znr=on -- Primitive
http://home.deds.nl/~svg/en/digiklok.htm -- Funny
-- I saw another one with big red digits but I can't find it again...

Misc.:
http://homepage.mac.com/pete.boardman/24hourclock/software.html
http://www.jasonkarldavis.com/scripts/svgclock/

--