From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Doug Schepers
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:40 PM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: RE: SVG 1.2 tiny

Hi, James-

Okay, I'm going to use the "S" word...

Semantics.

A circle is not a rectangle with rounded corners. It's a circle. UAs that
are are concerned with shapes, such as those that aim toward accessibility.

And, as Robin said, it doesn't seem that there would be much overhead to
implementing them. If the rendering engine draws them as rounded rectangles,
no harm done.

Regards-
Doug Schepers

doug . schepers  @ vectoreal.com