Re: [svg-developers] Fwd: SVG WG announces Last Call of SVG 1.2

Chris,

It is good to see SVG 1.2 progress to Last Call but there appears to be
surprisingly limited options for accessing the Last Call Working Draft. There is,
for example, no PDF version of the draft, nor is the draft available as a
zipped file or as a single HTML/XHTML file - at least not in the online version I
have just viewed.

Could the draft be amended to provide those? Ease of assessment, in my view,
is likely to aid quality and completeness of comments on the Last Call WD.

You may recall discussions early in the life of SVG 1.2 in which you
indicated, if I understood you correctly, that the additional versions of the
specification mentioned earlier would be provided, since they aid efficient evaluation
of the content by those outside the Working Group. It is much easier, for
example, to search in a single PDF or HTML/XHTML file than across multiple
documents and thereby cross-reference issues of interest.

Is there any possibility of progressing the availability of additional
versions, as mentioned in my first paragraph?

Thanks

Andrew Watt