Re: 15.1.2 Navigation

"Jean-Claude Dufourd" <jean-claude.dufourd@streamezzo.com> wrote in message
news:419349F1.7000008@streamezzo.com...
> Directional navigation by visual location only was considered and
> rejected, because you never know what to do in the case of e.g. tables
> with some merged cells, or some large object above two small ones (where
> would 'down' leave you then ?)

I agree rejecting it was the right.

> nav-up/down/left/right is not directional navigation, per se.
> It just allows the author to define which other object should be focussed
> after the current one, should the virtual UP key be pressed (I say
> virtual, because it can be mapped to cursor key, or joystick or something
> else)

Yep, why is there no corresponding methods to next/previous on SVGDocument
to perform navigation via these directional ones?   I think this would be
useful, either by extending next/previous so that it takes an optional
parameter specifying a direction  e.g.  next(SVG_NAV_UP); or by new methods.

Jim.